As BIC full member, CLIB is happy to see this first call of the Circular Biobased Industries JU published, which provides essential funding opportunities to help bio-based industries and the circular bioeconomy gain traction. With a budget of 120 M EUR for 12 topics, two of which are for flagships, this call aims to further support the bio-based industries across Europe. It mainly follows the Horizon Europe regulations, and you can find more information here: https://www.cbe.europa.eu/news/eu120-million-available-advancing-europes-circular-bioeconomy.
Feel free to reach out to us, if you would like advice on a particular topic, need help in finding a partner or are interested in starting a consortium.
The topics of the currently open call are:
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-01 Biogenic carbon capture and use (CCU) for circular bio-based products
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-02 Cooperative business models for sustainable mobilisation and valorisation of agricultural residues, by-products, and waste in rural areas
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-03 Cost-effective production routes towards bio-based alternatives to fossil-based chemical building blocks
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-04 Co-processing of mixed bio-based waste streams
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IAFlag-01 Maximum valorisation of sustainably sourced bio-based feedstock in multi-product, zero-waste, zero-pollution biorefinery
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IAFlag-02 Alternative sources for high added value food and/or feed ingredients
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-01 High performance bio-based polymers for market applications with stringent requirements
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-02 Bio-based coatings, barriers, binders, and adhesives
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-03 Circular-by-design bio-based materials to improve the circularity of complex structures
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-04 Proteins from alternative and unconventional sources
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-05 Sustainable fibres biorefineries feedstock
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-S-01 Developing and validating monitoring systems of environmental sustainability and circularity: collection of best practices and benchmarks
The deadline for proposals is 22.09.22 at 17 h CEST.